IEEE MADRAS SECTION
The IEEE Madras Section is one of the most active sections in India, coming under Asia – Pacific Region, the Region 10 of IEEE covering Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry states. IEEE Madras Section was formally started, as a subsection of Bangalore Section, in 1973. This sub section was elevated into a full section, in 1978. The Madras Section has around 210 Student Branches, which is the world highest. http://ewh.ieee.org/r10/madras/
With a large number of student branches under its purview, IEEE Madras Section Student Network aims to help student members accomplish the mission of the IEEE R10 SAC (Student Activities Committee). It serves as a point of guidance for the student branches in Madras Section to network amongst themselves and with the other sections, in industry collaboration, to act as a communication link between the student branches and the IEEE R10 SAC, etc. The Madras Section Student Network (MSSN) has an extensive team of student volunteers from various regions within the Madras Section (Tamil Nadu) who collaborate together to conduct a wide range of activities such as awareness programs, seminars and workshops.
- Provide a strong platform for the student branches to network amongst themselves
- Help the IEEE SBs organize events and technical symposia to benefit the student members from across the section and nation
- Communication channel between the student society, the IEEE Madras Section and the IEEE R10 SAC
- Provide a collaboration platform for the Student Community to interact with the Industry to get a first-hand and hands-on knowledge and experience of the developing technology.
- Provide a platform for IEEE SBs to share their announcements and reports of events/ activities that can be accessed by other SBs